OK….that was way more fun than I thought it would be!
It seemed like as good a way as any to let you all know the latest news, and it was actually way more fun that I’d anticipated. Humor me, indulge me, and read it even if you don’t comment…
Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends. Change all the answers so they apply to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6 am. It was a mistake.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds. Yeah, baby.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Bee Movie, with the Trolls.
4. What is your favourite TV show? So many shows, so little space.
Currently making a point of catching up on the last series of Six Feet Under, and the as-yet-unreleased-in-Israel series of Dr Who.
Loves me some Torrentz.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Coffee, vegetables and 5% white cheese.
6. What is your middle name? Janis
7. What food do you dislike? Coconut. Ugh.
8. What is your favourite CD at the moment? One of my own compilation.
9. What kind of car do you drive? Ford Focus, but I want a Hummer.
10. Favourite sandwich? The Blooms chopped liver, sweet-and-sour sliced pickle on rye. Yum.
11. What characteristics do you despise? Thoughtlessness, cruelty, cowardice, and whatever characteristic it is that makes people apportion blame and avoid taking responsibility for their actions.
12. Favourite item of clothing? pyjamas
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Australia, New York or India. (Re: India — My newlywed friend just did a six-month trip through India with his wife, and he made it sound so amazingly fascinating that I’d now love to go, having never previously had any inclination.)
where did question 14 go? Damn good question..
15. Where would you retire to? A house overlooking the sea… there’s one on sidni ali beach that i crave, despite it being made out of bottles.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? All birthdays are memorable — it’s an indication of the survival of this frail body against the elements for yet another year. (Says the woman speeding head-first towards 40, and only partially reconciled to the fact.)
18. Furthest place you are sending this? Dunno yet. Probably Kansas.
19. Person you expect to send it back first? Maybe Liza?
20. When is your birthday? 26 January
21. Morning person or a night person? Morning person
23. Pets? 2 children and a husband.
24. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? I have a new job!
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A professional horsewoman.
(I know, go figure.) Or an actor.
26. Favourite fast food? Chips (fries).
27. What is most overrated? You’ve hit a soapbox nerve here:
(a) Issues surrounding Israel that happen in many countries all over the world, but are given extra-special radioactive focus when they happen concerning the Jewish State. Too many to name just one.
(b) Paris Hilton
(c) Cellular Internet access
28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
September 1. The kids go back to school, and I start a new chapter in my life. 🙂
29. What are you listening to right now? Can’t hear anything over the sound of the fan next to me.
30. What was the last thing you ate? Cottage cheese with toast.
31. Do you wish on stars? Sometimes. Eyelashes too, often.
32. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? A deep, passionate red.
33. How is the weather right now? Hot, humid, sticky, sweaty.
34. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Lara (not counting a bazillion phone calls concerning the final arrangements for my son’s end of year class party, which was yesterday afternoon).
35. What was the last thing you read? Currently reading a back copy of Private Eye, “Lip Reading” by Maureen Lipman and a new (to me) book by Jodi Picoult, (i can’t remember the title).
36. Favourite restaurant? Carnivorous. Be it rare steak or raw sushi, I’m not fussy, bring it on. I think Carpaccio is probably one of my favourite dishes, especially when served with balsamic vinegar, because it combines the two food types… 🙂
37. Hair colour? Blonde.
38. What was your favourite toy as a child? Spoofer, my big red, furry dog, which (who?) has now been passed on to my daughter.
39. Summer or winter? Winter.
40. Worst place you’ve been on vacation? Lisbon. (The natives are, to a person, all barking mad.)
41. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. Or vanilla. Or chocolate. Or vanilla.
42. Coffee or tea? Both — but in a certain order. Tea first thing in the morning and (optional) last thing at night. Coffee during the day.
43. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes, please!
44. When was the last time you cried?? Last Sunday.
45. What is under your bed? Dust bunnies, one or more shoes belonging to my children, and probably a small fortune in lost coins.
46. What did you do last night? Went to visit my father-in-law in the hospital, went to my son’s class party, came home and showered two very filthy but happy children and then collapsed in a semi-catatonic heap in front of a fan.
47. What are you afraid of? Cockroaches, mostly.
48. Salty or sweet? Salty. Mostly.
49. How many keys on your key ring? 2 – car and home.
50. How many years at your current job? 8 years — the new one starts soon!
51. Favourite day of the week? Friday
52. Do you make friends easily? yes
53. How many people will you send this to? I just counted. It’s a quite a few people. Heh.
54. How many will respond? Not sure. I’d be happy to hear from anyone who wants to reply.
55. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yes, a lot.
As long as it’s no more than once a year. 🙂
September 23, 2008 at 2:26 am
Hey I know I sent you that thing getting to know you miranda edition but this is the REAL one email me back!!!!
September 23, 2008 at 2:26 am
hi enjoy me!!